Eternal Rock Construction Inc is a company that cares about the city and the users of it, so we have created a small article to mention the characteristics of the most common sidewalks such as concrete sidewalks and tile sidewalks, all this in order To help decide what is appropriate in a certain time and space, because at Eternal Rock Construction Inc we are committed to our work and our customers.
Please be so kind to read below what we have prepared and if you need support to develop your project do not hesitate to contact us, estimates are free.
Characteristics of Sidewalks.
1. Available in different textures and colors:
They can be made of almost any texture and any color.
Tiles: 5-20 years
Concrete: 5-20 years
If the quality of the mixture and a protective coating the same.
3. The time of the coating installation (300 m2) already prepared the surface:
Tile: 7-10 days
Concrete: 3-4 days for reinforcement installation and by which 2-3 days are added, approximately 7 days
There is a very important area of coverage. The higher it is, the more concrete tiles you earn.
4. The maximum permissible load:
Tiles: pedestrians, from time to time – passenger transport
Concrete: it is clear that sidewalks are not for trucks and will not. But the fact of speaking incomparably greater strength,
And therefore – the durability of the concrete pavement.
Tiles: annual vegetation extraction and filling of the sand in the lines
Of concrete: every 3-4 years impregnation to match the color layer
In Portland this type of events usually do not take place. But they are needed for durable service coverage. To carry out this kind of service is cheaper than making a new coat every few years.
6. Stacking cost 1 m2 (including materials and approximate work):
Tile: 650-1500. (Depending on the quality of the tiles)
Concrete: 500-600. (As a blend to the maximum)
7. additional benefits:
• easy disassembly when necessary;
• Aesthetics (looks better, due to the greater amount of details and color);
• More convenient to walk (especially – on the heels), skating and skateboarding, and that is important – in wheelchairs;
• Ability to make smooth transitions between levels perfectly, from all angles.
• Ability to apply special coatings to the blind, as well as – volumetric indicators, inscriptions (photo below) notation.
• More opportunities for quality control of the mix;
• Greater availability of material in remote locations of tile production.
8. Other disadvantages:
• inconvenience to the movement of wheeled vehicles (if the placement and quality is not perfect);
• disadvantage of the application of coatings and special marks;
• Without perfectly aligned joints, desired angles and transitions between levels;
• Inability (problem) to check labor;
• The inconvenience of disassembling;
• Less esthetic (largely dependent on the tile, which they compare);
• Corruption (everything that is linked to the production of tiles);
• Lack of awareness of officials about the benefits of such a coating.
In principle, it is clear that central streets prepare better quality natural stone or tile. For the rest of our cities, as well as – for private areas for concrete pavements, pavement seems to us an ideal option.